Skip to main content

Binge Podcasting

It is amazing how we change as we grow older. In my late teens and early twenties, I was convinced that talk radio was pointless. I hated commercials and music was ever playing in the background of EVERYTHING I did: homework, driving, cleaning, working out... everything. As time has progressed, and hubby and I have decided to do the Ramsey plan for getting out of debt, I have needed the Dave Ramsey Podcast in order to help me with more motivation and encouragement from the successes.

One podcast has led to another and another. Now, I find that when I'm cleaning, researching, driving, working out, i.e. walking and fitness training, I cannot listen to music. My mind works better and stays focused with, you guessed it, talk radio. I have about 10 podcasts in my iTunes radio, 6-7 that I listen to regularly.

I have to say that I binge-cast on the Half Size Me show. The successes and uplifting messages and the intro music give me that little push that we all need. It is my "Eye of the Tiger." Listening to it helps me ponder my own past which has brought me onto this journey. I am super excited for the several working blog titles that I have saved because of the inspiration from this podcast. In its own way, this show not only motivates me, but inspires my own accountability.

If you are looking for a new show to encourage and inspire you, I highly recommend you look up Half Size Me in the podcast library. Happy Casting! =D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goals, Expectations, and Hitting Refresh

These past few weeks have been difficult to get on a plan and to be self-controlled. I ha ve found myself over-indulging with food, slacking in my work, and losing focus on my goals. Then I realized this week that it is because I have too many of them; which actually translates, "I have no goals at all." Have you ever sat down, made a to-do list, stared at it with overwhelming stress and anxiety, promptly set the list aside and then did nothing? Well, that's what having too may goals is. My focus is scattered, I cannot see progress in anything, I am frustrated by the sinking feeling of defeat and then I simply give up. Earlier this week, I realized the foundation of my problem and hit the reset button. After sitting down and spending some cleansing time in prayer and Bible reading, I made the most cleansing decision I have practiced in weeks: I deleted everything from my Google calendar. As I clicked, "Are you sure you want to delete this calendar, this action c...

Calorie Counting, Honest Tracking, and a Break from the Numbers

Babies at the park, whom I am capable of keeping up with For the past 6 months, I have been eating at a caloric deficit and tracking my calories on My Fitness Pal. It is a handy little app in which I can keep a recipe box, my meals are tracked and it remembers my frequently used items. I am also able to keep a close eye on my macros, and this has kept my simple carbohydrate intake in check, as I have drastically limited these and the majority of my carbs have been fruits, vegetables, and multigrain/whole grain light breads. Keeping an eye on these things has helped me to increase my protein intake and keep me better filled throughout the day. By default, this is limiting binges, grazing, and general overeating because the satiation from the protein combined with the satisfaction of my exercise have kept my success rate high! Cue last Thursday. A refreshing morning ritual that keeps me sane throughout the day Early in the week, I had decided that Friday I would not be trac...

Reflecting on Progress Over Guilting Lack of Perfection

It has been about a week and I have been back on My Fitness Pal now. Great timing, right? Just before a baby shower on Saturday, an impromptu pre-Memorial Day dinner party at a friend's place and then Memorial Day, complete with picnic! Needless to say, I have been over my calorie budget each day since Friday. I do not regret it, I am not punishing myself for my choices, I am not feeling gross or completely out of line in my numbers or my decisions. I have maintained (as a matter of fact, I stepped on the scale this morning and was down 1 pound) and I am still waking up with relatively high energy levels - likely because I have been getting more sleep with the evening routine hubby and I have agreed to. How do I plan to move forward? I am working on adjusting our evening order of events, so that hubby and I are prioritizing our evening workout instead of skipping it once we sit down. I am taking a baby step in pre-tracking my food, without putting too much pressure on the eve...