Skip to main content

Intermittent Fasting

Hey Friends,

It's been a while since I've posted an update. Baby boy is just over a year now, my body was adjusting pretty well around that 1 year mark, but things still felt a little off. Hormonally, I have been all over the place and it's been a real challenge for weight loss and consistency. I decided to start birth control, and I'm starting my 8th week now. It still feels like I'm adjusting, but I definitely feel a difference in this 2nd cycle.

I emailed my doctor this week and asked his opinion on intermittent fasting. After doing a little bit of research, I have found that it can also cause hormonal side affects to a female body, so I wanted to get a well-rounded opinion. He suggested being on the birth control for at least 1 month before trying IT, so I am going ahead with it and plan to follow up with a physical once the CoVid-19 crisis calms.

The crisis, on another hand, has been a major mental challenge for me. I am a total extravert, I love going out, taking the kiddos to Disneyland, taking them to play at the park (weather permitting), going shopping, enjoying visits with friends at their houses and church. This has been really tough.

That being said, I came through the first week of this state of emergency losing about 2-3lbs with IT, and I didn't even workout. As a matter of fact, today was the first day I worked out in almost 2 weeks. I'm excited that I did and I'm grateful for my husband and his encouragement, but that is how tough it's been.

Let's get through this stronger than how we came in. Instead of taking it all in, let's figure out what we can be doing from home or for our neighbors that is going to help us become better people. I'm speaking mostly to myself, as I have struggled with ridiculous amounts of screen time on my phone and with the television these past 2 weeks (don't even have an excuse for the first week lol).

Keep moving forward. Make the next best choice, even if the last one was a chocolate shake! Do the next right thing go to bed or do some yoga, if you are going to watch something, set a sleep timer on the tv and put the remote on the other side of the room. It's the little things.

Love, Jessy




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goals, Expectations, and Hitting Refresh

These past few weeks have been difficult to get on a plan and to be self-controlled. I ha ve found myself over-indulging with food, slacking in my work, and losing focus on my goals. Then I realized this week that it is because I have too many of them; which actually translates, "I have no goals at all." Have you ever sat down, made a to-do list, stared at it with overwhelming stress and anxiety, promptly set the list aside and then did nothing? Well, that's what having too may goals is. My focus is scattered, I cannot see progress in anything, I am frustrated by the sinking feeling of defeat and then I simply give up. Earlier this week, I realized the foundation of my problem and hit the reset button. After sitting down and spending some cleansing time in prayer and Bible reading, I made the most cleansing decision I have practiced in weeks: I deleted everything from my Google calendar. As I clicked, "Are you sure you want to delete this calendar, this action c...

Calorie Counting, Honest Tracking, and a Break from the Numbers

Babies at the park, whom I am capable of keeping up with For the past 6 months, I have been eating at a caloric deficit and tracking my calories on My Fitness Pal. It is a handy little app in which I can keep a recipe box, my meals are tracked and it remembers my frequently used items. I am also able to keep a close eye on my macros, and this has kept my simple carbohydrate intake in check, as I have drastically limited these and the majority of my carbs have been fruits, vegetables, and multigrain/whole grain light breads. Keeping an eye on these things has helped me to increase my protein intake and keep me better filled throughout the day. By default, this is limiting binges, grazing, and general overeating because the satiation from the protein combined with the satisfaction of my exercise have kept my success rate high! Cue last Thursday. A refreshing morning ritual that keeps me sane throughout the day Early in the week, I had decided that Friday I would not be trac...

Reflecting on Progress Over Guilting Lack of Perfection

It has been about a week and I have been back on My Fitness Pal now. Great timing, right? Just before a baby shower on Saturday, an impromptu pre-Memorial Day dinner party at a friend's place and then Memorial Day, complete with picnic! Needless to say, I have been over my calorie budget each day since Friday. I do not regret it, I am not punishing myself for my choices, I am not feeling gross or completely out of line in my numbers or my decisions. I have maintained (as a matter of fact, I stepped on the scale this morning and was down 1 pound) and I am still waking up with relatively high energy levels - likely because I have been getting more sleep with the evening routine hubby and I have agreed to. How do I plan to move forward? I am working on adjusting our evening order of events, so that hubby and I are prioritizing our evening workout instead of skipping it once we sit down. I am taking a baby step in pre-tracking my food, without putting too much pressure on the eve...